Aimed at debunking misconceptions surrounding ex-offenders, we are want to share with you CONVERSATION, our latest awareness project where we gathered some from the ISCOS community, including our ISCOS Titans and staff to share their own experiences and encounters on various facets of reintegration.
- Ex-offenders should declare their past records during job applications.
- As long as an ex-offender is able to stay employed, he/she can reintegrate successfully into the society.
- Ex-offenders are less deserving of help from society because they made wrong decisions in life.
- Many ex-offenders are embarrassed to ask for help.
- Rejection is part & parcel of life and we can build resilience through coping with it over time.
- We are moving towards a more gracious and inclusive society.
- Society should “forgive & forget”.