Aimed at debunking misconceptions surrounding ex-offenders, we arranged for the filming of the Conversation, our latest awareness project where we gathered some from the ISCOS community, including our Titans and staff, to share their experiences and encounters on various facets of reintegration. In the 4-part series, the group explored and covered pertinent questions and topics such as:
- Should ex-offenders declare their past records during job applications?
- As long as an ex-offender is able to stay employed, they can reintegrate successfully into society.
- Are ex-offenders less deserving of help from society?
- Many ex-offenders are embarrassed to ask for help.
- Rejection is part and parcel of life, and we can build resilience through coping with it over time.
- Society should ‘forgive and forget’.